Naturopathic Treatment of Children’s Health Concerns
Building a strong foundation of health in childhood is one of my biggest goals as a naturopathic doctor and parent. Many studies confirm that poor health in childhood (and in utero) is a strong predictor of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and some cancers later in life. Studies also confirm that even if teenagers and young adults stray from healthy living for a few years they usually come back to living and eating in ways they learned as children.
Children are some of my favourite patients.
Having three children of my own, I can relate to their special health needs.
I provide gentle and natural treatments for many children’s health concerns including:
- Digestive Concerns – constipation and chronic loose stools
- Skin conditions – eczema, warts, rashes
- Immune concerns including chronic ear infections and frequent colds
- Allergies – hay fever and seasonal allergies
- Food sensitivities testing
- Sleep problems
- Newborn and baby concerns such as diaper rash, thrush, and colic
Treatments most commonly used with children include dietary changes, herbs, supplements and lifestyle changes.
Call our office at 403-782-4600 to set up your first appointment. We’re never too busy to help you! Book online.